“When I left India and moved to Qatar back in 2005, I had no idea what life had in store for me. I was both scared and excited to move to a new country and had to find a way to make it home. After a couple of years of living and working in the country I met my husband who had moved to Qatar from The Netherlands. We’ve now been married for a decade and although we are from two completely different cultures, we are lucky to have a neutral base in ‘Qatar’ that bonds us and gives us an opportunity to find a balance between our lifestyle and traditions. We also have two beautiful girls who were both born here making it extra special, as we will always feel a strong bond and connection to the country. On the work front I currently head 2 small creative businesses called @hobbyhouseqatar and @aishasattic.qa. I find that people in Qatar enjoy and appreciate art and it is a subject that is deeply rooted in its history. The leadership of the country appreciates and encourages the importance of creativity and we are happy to be a part of the generation that is making a difference to help grow a sustainable and conscious world.”

– Rochelle Zonnenberg (India)